Monday, March 23, 2015

Just purchased a car can I file a chapter13to save my home and keep my car.

Question

Just purchased a car can I file a chapter13to save my home and keep my car.



Answer

I'd have to sit down with you and see your numbers to know if you can. The answer's maybe. (Call 404-768-3509 if you want to come in with your numbers). Without seeing detailed finances there is no way to know.

Now a common sense thing - if you were already behind on a house and bought a car you are living far beyond your budget. A Chapter 13 cannot fix that, and could make it worse. A good lawyer will weigh tougher choices including Chapter 7. In fact, filing a Chapter 13 when you shouldn't can be very costly. It may be smart (or it may not be).

You may want to start by completing a free pre-appointment worksheet for a lawyer. Mine is at www.glenashman.com .



No comments:

Post a Comment