Saturday, November 22, 2014

We purchased a automobile lift for our garage. We gave the company a check for $5,000 plus dollars with a written receipt stating that we wo...

Question

We purchased a automobile lift for our garage. We gave the company a check for $5,000 plus dollars with a written receipt stating that we would have delivery in 6 weeks. This purchase was made at an auction with a excellent reputation. The company is based in Missouri and unfortunately was just minutes away from the tornado destruction. We contacted the company and as we thought it would be a little longer do to the natural disaster. They of course said that it would just be a few weeks more. We did not hear from them and the next time I called I spoke with someone else and he told me that there was an unfortunate accident with the owner but he would call me that next Wed. because our lift should be ready. Now there is a message on the answering machine that the "owner in in a coma" and they are waiting for "power of attorney". I get it terrible things happen but we are out $5, 825.00 and are not getting any information except on an answering machine. I wrote to the company and gave them until Friday Aug. 5th to respond or we would take legal action. Unfortunately I don't know what legal action we would take. That is my question; What can we do?



Answer

Retain a Missouri attorney to investigate this claim.



No comments:

Post a Comment