Friday, April 24, 2015

If my sons name is no longer on the birth certificate of a child that was not his can he still be made to pay child support. I am checking t...

Question

If my sons name is no longer on the birth certificate of a child that was not his can he still be made to pay child support. I am checking today to make sure his name was taken off the birth certificate. The baby is one year old. My son did sign the birth certificate at the hospital but later the mother broke up with him and said she took his name off the birthcertificate.



Answer

Without his consent, I do not believe she could have taken his name off the birth certificate. Either she never put his name on it or she signed his name to a form to allow the removal of his name. Until she goes to court and files a parternity action against him - she can not use his name to obtain child support. In order to end this, I would suggest you sue her for paternity and show that he is not the father so that the court will have a record of this action and show he is not the legal and/or responsible father.



No comments:

Post a Comment