Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I live in Harris county Texas, I need a divorce. We were married 18 months. We have been separated for 6 months. We have no children togethe...

Question

I live in Harris county Texas, I need a divorce. We were married 18 months. We have been separated for 6 months. We have no children together, I already had my house when we got together. I have limited financial resources and am considering representing myself. I found a website that has Texas divorce papers but I am unable to complete the papers online. It is in Pdf form, so I would have to write the information in. Is handwritten information on the divorce forms acceptable in Texas divorce court. Thanks for your time.



Answer

Yes you can hand write the information, but since you have substantial separate property to protect, I recommend you retain an attorney. I cannot tell you how many people have hired me after they did it themselves, only to have a terrible situation. After the fact, it usually far more expensive. I suspect that the attorney fees will be nominal in light of your description, compared to the potential loss if done incorrectly. There are many reasonably-priced excellent attorneys on this website in Harris County. Make a few phone calls first. Good luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment