Thursday, January 2, 2014

HI,I just need some basic info. My brother and sisterin law had been together for 5 years. She decided to move to the USA and he followed. O...

Question

HI,

I just need some basic info. My brother and sisterin law had been together for 5 years. She decided to move to the USA and he followed. Once there, they got married. A month passed, my dad died so my brother came back to Belize. Then he had to waited almost a whole year for his visa to get renewed. By that time, she expressed that she wanted a divorce, she had invested some time in another guy and didnt want my brother anymore.

They have separated for maybe 5 years now. Since he is in Belize, how can he push for a divorce from her so he can continue his life?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.



Answer

Why not a Belize divorce? If there is some legal reason he cannot obtain a Belize divorce, he would have to obtain the divorce where she lives and be able to travel there, if necessary.



Answer

File the case in Belize or in the USA in the state where the ex resides.



No comments:

Post a Comment