Friday, July 25, 2014

I am currently separated from husband and divorce is final in a month. I was a stay at home mother for boys for 17 years. I have been the on...

Question

I am currently separated from husband and divorce is final in a month. I was a stay at home mother for boys for 17 years. I have been the one to make ends meet with school and sports and friends for kids. I have been moved out of our family home for about 8 months now. I currently have a job that is at night and am doing what I can to make ends meet. We split kids 50/ 50. We both want to move to different towns (only an hour appart). What are my chances for getting my kids in a custody case?



Answer

Based on the age of your child(ren) ( 17), they can state their wishes concerning the parenting plan, however their contribution to this conversation is not the final say. More information is needed to assess your legal options.



Answer

Agreed. Since a change like this would be dramatic in the other parent's ability to see his children, then the court would most likely request a psychological exam to allow you to move away. Good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment