Saturday, June 21, 2014

I rent a cabin in Florida and have never been late on paying rent. Recently I was told by the"caretaker" that I have to move out by the firs...

Question

I rent a cabin in Florida and have never been late on paying rent. Recently I was told by the"caretaker" that I have to move out by the first of June because he promised his daughter 2 years ago that she could rent the cabin whenever she was ready to. This was never disclosed to me at any time. I do not want to move and I certainly can't afford to move. There is no lease and I pay the rent to the"caretaker" by cash. Do I have a legal right to refuse to move?



Answer

Your lease can be terminated on appropriate statutory notice. If you pay monthly, you can be given 15 days notice to vacate.



No comments:

Post a Comment