Friday, July 11, 2014

I had defendants served with complaint and summons. How long do I have after service of complaint and summons to physically mail the copies ...

Question

I had defendants served with complaint and summons. How long do I have after service of complaint and summons to physically mail the copies of complaint and summons to the place where service occurred?



Answer

I am a little confused by your question. If you have already properly served the summons and complaint why would you have to "physically mail the copies?"



Answer

If your defendants were personally served, there is no reason to mail copies. Mailing is only required where you could not effect personal service and did substituted service. If you used professional process servers, they know the rules and will have done what needed to be done.



No comments:

Post a Comment