Friday, October 10, 2014

I was adopted by a step parent as a child. I now want to return to my birth name,but was told the records are sealed and I would need to fil...

Question

I was adopted by a step parent as a child. I now want to return to my birth name,but was told the records are sealed and I would need to file for a adoption anulment! Why? And do I need a lawyer for that. I am now 50 years old and have had no contact with step parent for more than 20 yrs. Contact me at [email protected]/* */



Answer

There is no reason I can think of that you would need or want to annul the adoption if all you care about is your name. Just file a petition for name change the same is if you were given a terrible name at birth and wanted to change it.



Answer

I agree with Mr. McCormick. You can file a petition for a legal name change, back to the birth name.



Answer

As Mr. McCormick and Mr, Roach stated, all you would need to do is file a petition for a name change. I am guessing, however, there is something more to your story. Do you know what is your birth name? Is your biological parent withholding that info? Do you want to legally reconnect to your lineage?



No comments:

Post a Comment