Thursday, January 2, 2014

If I have an original divorce decree from 12 years ago, it has been updated in recent years for specific items in child support. This update...

Question

If I have an original divorce decree from 12 years ago, it has been updated in recent years for specific items in child support. This updated support order does not mention an item that was in the previous order.

The original order says I am to give her my w2 each year. The new order does not mention this. Which applies? Do I have to give her my w2 per the OLD order or because it is not included in the new order, i no longer have to?

She is stating that anything NOT mentioned in the new order, refers back to the old order. This does not make sense as then the court is peicing together orders which also does not make sense.

Can anyone assist me with this? I am no longer able to afford legal counsel and i am about to get taken to the cleaners once again.



Answer

She is right. The only thing the new order did is change the support and nothing else. Thus you have to give her your W-2. Only if the order said that provision is no longer in effect would that provision not longer bind you.



No comments:

Post a Comment