Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I was recenly "suspended" from my job, because I was told I was caught on store cameras, that I would let my co-workers walk out with bags o...

Question

I was recenly "suspended" from my job, because I was told I was caught on store cameras, that I would let my co-workers walk out with bags of unpaid merchandise. I was not showed the video of the alleged "crime", but i was told i am supposed to pay the amount of almost $6,000. I also had to sign a paper.



Answer

What is your question? They can file a criminal case against you for aggregate theft for the totality of the thefts. If they do that, and it is accepted at $6,000, then the case will be a felony. The employers did not have to show you the videos but if you get charged with a criminal case, they will have to show you the video.

Do you think it amounts to $6,000? If not, then you might get a lawyer to help intercede to try to get a reasonable amount of restitution while trying to avoid a criminal charge.



No comments:

Post a Comment