Saturday, March 15, 2014

I have bought a project vehicle, a S10 pickup. I live in a single family house with a big fenced-up backyard. I parked it on my own drive-wa...

Question

I have bought a project vehicle, a S10 pickup. I live in a single family house with a big fenced-up backyard. I parked it on my own drive-way for about 10 days. Recently the city of Ocoee in Florida gave me a violation notice, saying I have an abandoned vehicle, need to have it removed from the property. I don't have a garage to house it. Can I still keep it in my property to work on or in the backyard without the disturbance from the code enforcement people?



Answer

Probably not. You would have to look into the City of Ocoee municipal code (https://www.municode.com/library/fl/ocoee/codes/code_of_ordinances) for guidance.



Answer

Whoops. I hit submit too soon. http://dms.ocoee.org/DMS/DocView.aspx?id=123703&page=1&dbid=1 has the information you need.

So if the vehicle is left for 48 continuous hours, and does not have a current license plate & registration, the presumption is that it is abandoned. (165-4)

Review the entire section of code as there may be other relevant provisions.



No comments:

Post a Comment