Friday, March 14, 2014

My ex and I are in the process of getting a divorce and we are VERY cordial with each other on getting the matter resolved. We were in no wa...

Question

My ex and I are in the process of getting a divorce and we are VERY cordial with each other on getting the matter resolved. We were in no way rich and lived off of my salary of about 35-40k/yr. We owned NO property or have any savings. Our only connection are our two children who I currently pay 500/mo. in child support for (not through the state of Texas attorney general). We have agreed on that amount and I would like to cover myself in court just in case she decides to file and i have no proof that I have made previous payments. What should I do?



Answer

You should make payments via check or money order. So that you have a written record of the child support payments you made to her.



No comments:

Post a Comment