Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I have a court date this month to Terminate parental rights of kids I have legal guardianship, based on Probate 1516.5.(California) What is ...

Question

I have a court date this month to Terminate parental rights of kids I have legal guardianship, based on Probate 1516.5.(California) What is the court investigators responsibilty when meeting with me. She seemed more interested in the guardiandhip that had already been issued to me, the fact that the grandparent of one of the father had not been notified(I did a due diligance on this father, no idea on where he was) . She wasn't interest in any information I had regarding the parents, only their phone numbers.



Answer

Probate Code section 1516.5 is not the basis for your guardianship, but the basis for terminating a parents rights, due to you having had the guardianship in effect for more than 2 years. The grandparents have no right to notice on an adoption. You really do need to speak with a local, experienced attorney who deals in adoptions. Good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment